Monday, August 26, 2013

Article Review of The Hush of Lush: Chicago Office Goes Spare

I recently went online to research current trends throughout the interior design world and started off my search at www.interiordesign.net .  I found many interesting articles, however, I've always had an infinity for city spaces, especially in high rise buildings.  I have been to many offices in many large cities throughout America over the last decade.  It seems that the trend of "less is more" has really been key in interior design throughout all venues of spaces in high rise buildings.  Even though the spaces have smaller amounts of furnishings and accessories, they are full of class and exquisiteness, with the specific design of each piece taken into consideration that is present.

This particular space is an investment firm, however, the look and design of this space is that of many offices I have been to, whether it was a design firm, lawyer's office or doctor's office in large metropolitan areas.  I found that most offices are choosing to use basic or neutral color palettes on walls and floors with pops of color in the artwork.  This is especially true in spaces that have views of a large city.  As you will see in this article, this particular office space has a great view of the Chicago skyline and river.  It boasts many expanses of glass walls that let the natural light and scenery into the space. 

I also particularly love the choice of seating used throughout the office.  If you have studied design and art and architecture, you will love the Charles and Ray Eames chairs and the bench in the reception area that reminiscent of Mies van der Rohe.  I truly enjoyed this short article and great office interior design!




No comments:

Post a Comment