Monday, December 2, 2013

Redesigning a Lamp!

A recent project of mine was to find an old lamp and redesign it! I took a trip to Goodwill in town and found a lamp with no shade for $6.38. What a deal! It was a hammered black metal. With luck it would hopefully still work! I took it home and plugged her in and she worked!

Next, I stopped at Hobby Lobby in Davenport, and decided I wanted to spray paint the black metal base silver and add some gold colored webbing spray paint on top of the silver. The silver spray paint was free to me, leftover from another project. The gold webbing spray paint was $5.99. It took 3 coats of silver spray paint and three coats of the gold webbing paint.

I made a quick trip to Home Depot and found a new 10" harp which cost $3.65. That too I spray painted silver.

I also had a new shade that was free to me left over from a broken lamp from our store, Feather Your Nest Interiors. Lastly, I added some fringe or BLING to the bottom of the shade. It cost $4.19.

So this NEW lamp cost me a TOTAL of $20.21 + Tax.

I really like how the lamp turned out!!! A great inexpensive gift idea for a friend or loved one. It took me 3 hours total to complete once I had all the supplies. Cheers and enjoy.

BEFORE PICTURE


AFTER PICTURE




No comments:

Post a Comment